Revision as of 00:08, 7 February 2011 by Teksura
Playing as Yakuza
- It's often correct to sacrifice yourself on night 1 in hopes of being rescued by a doctor. It is because if cop has a guilty report on you, you will lose the yak opportunity and the chance of mafia winning will be considerably lowered.
- You want to recruit claimed power roles, such as cop or doctor, first, but only if a shrink isn't protecting them. If you can't recruit claimed power roles, recruit a cleared villager, but be careful: you shouldn't be too obvious. Don't always go for players with trophies or karma - the town will be expecting it.
- It's often a bad idea to yak someone whom the other players know is your friend. They are usually first to be tracked/investigated.
- If you are a BP that has been yakked, you can no kill during the mafia meeting and claim hit, then you will be potentially clear for the rest of the game.
- Advanced Strategy: If you're scared of shrinks, you may want to wait until an investigative role such as cop claims. At that point, the shrinks normally protect the power roles, leaving the other roles vulnerable to your yakuza powers. However, it is hard to recruit power roles this way.
- Advanced Strategy: A strong village will suspect that you recruited their strongest players away from them. You may want to deliberately choose weaker and/or lurking players instead to throw the villagers off track. This is a WIFOM strategy.
- Advanced Strategy: In a game where things are going poorly for the town, you can offer townies yaks in exchange for lynching/shooting an innocent, especially effective if you're in touch with the doctor and have brokered a deal wherein he continues to protect you while you yak. Be careful, though, as depending on the player involved these strategies can backfire and lead to an explicit outing of all mafia. Also, from the doctor's perspective, this can be viewed as game-throwing, so be careful with how you go about this.
- Advanced Strategy: In a game with doctors, you can no-kill and no-yak the first night to throw the town into confusion as to whether a yakuza was saved. This can lead to doctor being outted.