|Night Visiting Role|
Converts one person to the mafia.
- If a Doctor saves the yakuza when he attempts to sacrifice, then both the target of yakuza and the yakuza live and are sided with mafia, and the yakuza can attempt to sacrifice again to convert another person to mafia.
- If a Shrink chooses the yakuza's target when he attempts to sacrifice, then yakuza's target will not turn mafia.
- If a Bodyguard protects the yakuza when he attempts to sacrifice, 50% of the time, the bodyguard will die in place of the yakuza. 50% of the time, the yakuza will die normally.
- If a Jailer has jailed the yakuza's target. The yakuza will not die, and their target will not be converted.
- If a Vigilante shoots the yakuza on the night they choose to yak, it will still go through.
- If a Blacksmith gives a vest to a yakuza before he yaks, the target of the yakuza and the yakuza live and are sided with the mafia, and the yakuza can attempt to sacrifice again to convert another person to mafia.
- If a Virgin is sacrificed the night before the yakuza picks a target, the yakuza will not die but the conversion will be successful.
Yakuza, when using their ability, will visit both themselves and their yak target.
- However, the Yakuza's self-visit cannot be used by a Driver to kill another player.
Strategies and Tactics
- It's often correct to sacrifice yourself on night 1 in hopes of being rescued by a doctor. It is because if cop has a guilty report on you, you will lose the yak opportunity and the chance of mafia winning will be considerably lowered.
- You want to recruit claimed power roles, such as cop or doctor, first, but only if a shrink isn't protecting them. If you can't recruit claimed power roles, recruit a cleared villager, but be careful: you shouldn't be too obvious. Don't always go for players with trophies or karma - the town will be expecting it.
- It's often a bad idea to yak someone whom the other players know is your friend. They are usually first to be tracked/investigated.
- If you are a BP that has been yakked, you can no kill during the mafia meeting and claim hit, then you will be potentially clear for the rest of the game.
- Advanced Strategy: If you're scared of shrinks, you may want to wait until an investigative role such as cop claims. At that point, the shrinks normally protect the power roles, leaving the other roles vulnerable to your yakuza powers. However, it is hard to recruit power roles this way.
- Advanced Strategy: A strong village will suspect that you recruited their strongest players away from them. You may want to deliberately choose weaker and/or lurking players instead to throw the villagers off track. This is a WIFOM strategy.
- Advanced Strategy: In a game where things are going poorly for the town, you can offer townies yaks in exchange for lynching/shooting an innocent, especially effective if you're in touch with the doctor and have brokered a deal wherein he continues to protect you while you yak. Be careful, though, as depending on the player involved these strategies can backfire and lead to an explicit outing of all mafia. Also, from the doctor's perspective, this can be viewed as game-throwing, so be careful with how you go about this.
- Advanced Strategy: In a game with doctors, you can no-kill and no-yak the first night to throw the town into confusion as to whether a yakuza was saved. This can lead to doctor being outted.
- Advanced Strategy: In a game with doctors or blacksmiths, you can kill but no-yak the first night and claim the power role, particularly in no reveal setups, which can lead to the doctor saving you if you convince the town that you are a pr.
When more than one Yakuza targets the same person, and that person gets shrunk, the game goes unranked
Source: http://www.epicmafia.com/game/597575 (This source shows a game that went unranked due to game over on n1. That is not a bug.)