|Night Visiting Role|
- Can shoot someone every night.
- If targets the same person as the Mafia, also dies.
Playing as the Vigilante
- Vigilante shots are more accurate in the late game, when the field of suspects has been narrowed down and there has been a lot of interaction from every player. Try to stay alive until the late game, pay attention to everything that has been said, and think before you shoot.
- Remember that your claim is a safe claim. Anyone countering your claim can be killed by your own, so don't be afraid to claim it. Having said that, mafia shots act before vigilante shots, so do not claim unnecessarily.
- Try not to shoot on N1, you might hit an important power role.
- With a Vigilante alive at mylo, it becomes tactically advantageous for the town to lynch if they believe that the Vigilante may survive the night. This effectively gives the town a "second lynch safety net". Should the town lynch incorrectly at mylo, the Vigilante still has one final chance to shoot a Mafia before its over. (This tactic does not work at lylo)
- Shoot ONLY if you're certain, or if town can afford it (ie. there are 8 people, out of them 2 mafias).
- However, although some setups favor a shot during Night 1, most do not. Study the setup and work out the probability of a possible scum hit. e.g.:
- In setup936, there are 2 mafia (hooker, vanilla), 1 fool, 1 granny, 1 cop, and 1 watcher. If the vigilante shoots at night 1, chance of hitting an anti-town role is 1/2 - with a 1/6 risk of death-by-granny and a 1/3 risk of shooting cop/watcher.
- In setup853, there are 2 silencers, 1 fool, 1 cult, 1 shrink, 1 tracker, and 1 watcher. If vigilante shoots at night 1, chance of hitting an anti-town is 4/7 - slightly better than the previous setup's 1/2, and without the risk of death-by-granny.
- Because of the risk of visiting granny (and thus dying) and having lower odds, 936 does not favour a N1 shooting, but 853 does.
- If the vigilante is converted by the yakuza, the vigilante's shot will still succeed.
- If the vigilante is shot by the killer, the vigilante's shot will still succeed (regardless of whether the mafia kill goes through, is prevented by the doctor, etc).
- If the vigilante is shot by the mafia, the vigilante's shot will not succeed
- If the vigilante is shot by mafia, the tracker still sees who the vigilante visited that night.
- Vigilante cannot stop a yakuza.
- As a Vigilante, it is your responsibility to kill anyone who is trying to get themselves lynched or is behaving extraordinarily scummy. In setups with a Fool, this person is most likely either the Fool or an inexperienced mafia member. Be careful of this in setups with lovers or hunters, however.
- Perhaps intentional, but a Vigilante who shoots a mason when the mason dies from mis-masoning results in the Vigilante dieing.
- When Drunk drunks Mafia who shoots Vigilante who shoots mafia, neither kill goes through. http://www.epicmafia.com/game/404726
- When Doc is on Vig and Mafia shoots vig, vig's kill doesn't go through http://www.epicmafia.com/game/567479/review
- When Quack is on vig and Mafia shoots vig, vig's kill doesn't go through. This, and the preceding bug, is likely due to fact that if vig is shot by mafia, vig's shot will not succeed. Perhaps this should be changed. http://www.epicmafia.com/game/718667/review