|Night Visiting Role|
Traitors have no abilities, they must try to throw the town off track in order to win.
Playing as Traitor
- Fake a claim and report in attempts to lynch a town power role, to end the game on mylo/lylo, or to otherwise disrupt the town. It is important to be convincing, so if you are not capable of faking a claim at the moment, don't feel that you have to. Simply being alive and dropping slight anti-town tells can help the mafia recognize you and win.
- The Traitor need not be alive to win full points when the mafia wins. Often, in a situation where there are an equal number of townies and mafia plus one Traitor, the Traitor can simply vote for themselves and allow the mafia to lynch them for a win.
- Even if the only remaining non-mafia are traitors, the mafia does not win until the mafia equals half the remaining alive. So, in a situation where there are 3 Traitors and 1 Stalker alive, the traitors have to allow 2 of their numbers to die off before they win.
Rogue Town Setups
- Some setups switch the alignment appearance of the town roles and the mafia roles. The setups usually include a stalker (the 'cop'), many traitors, and a mason (the 'cult'). While normal setups suggest the mafia fake-claiming as a blue, these setups suggest the town to fake-claim as traitors. An example of this would be setup 4124.
- This type of setup is also known as Reverse Mafia.
Village and mafia can joint win if only traitors are alive at the end of a day. (example: hunter/traitor/mafia at lylo, lynch hunter shoot mafia) http://www.epicmafia.com/game/86802
- Message "Traitor Wins!" does not appear at end of game when the mafia wins and at least one traitor is still alive.