|Night Visiting Role|
- The Tracker picks one person every night and follows them. He will see everyone who his target visits. There are a few possible unusual reports the Tracker can receive, please see below.
- The Tracker will see his target visit multiple people.
- The order the players appear on in the tracker report is arranged by the role order. For example, a Stalker who stalks Player A and kills Player B will appear on the tracker report to visit Player B and then Player A since kills occur before stalks.
- The Tracker will not see his target visit a player twice. For example, if the Janitor both votes and jans Player X, the Tracker will only see the Janitor visit Player X once.
Unusual Game Mechanics
These are some noteworthy interactions with the Tracker and various other roles that may not be expected. Besides for the roles mentioned in this list, the Tracker works as expected. No unusual reports (such as self visits, for example) other than the following have been found.
- If a mafia member votes to kill someone other than the kill target, the Tracker will see him visit the player he voted (The Watcher, on the other hand, will not see the mafia member visiting his target). However, the Tracker will not catch members of other group meetings (such as Mason or Cult meetings) who vote for someone other than the majority target.
- Yakuza: If a Tracker tracks a Yakuza the night he uses his special power, he will receive a report showing (ALWAYS in this order):
- The kill target (unless the Yakuza did not kill)
- The Yakuza target
- The Yakuza visiting himself (presumably to kill himself, though he will self-visit even if he was saved)
- Vigilante: The Tracker will see who the Vigilante visited even if his shot was cancelled out (via the Mafia targeting the Vigilante).
- Disguiser: When tracking a disguised mafia, the tracker will see the original Disguiser on the report. For instance, if Player A, the Disguiser, disguised as Player X and is later tracked, the report will show Player A visiting whoever (even no one). Therefore, the tracker will know who is currently guised.
- Hooker/Drunk: While the Hooker does stop a PR from receiving reports and doing its job (ie. saving as a Doctor), it does not stop a visit from occurring. Therefore, a hooked PR will still appear to visit his target. For example, if a Cop investigates Player A yet is hooked, the Tracker report will still see the Cop visiting Player A.
- Mason: If a mismason occurs and the Tracker tracks the mason target (who is mafia), the Tracker's report will see the targeted mafia visiting the Mason. For example, if the Mason chooses to mason Player A, the mafia, the Tracker will see Player A visit the Mason in addition to any other night visits Player A is normally engaged in.
- Interceptor: If the Interceptor successfully intercepts a player and the Tracker tracks them, the Tracker will see the Interceptor visiting not only the person they targeted but also the person who died as a result.
In night meetings, the Tracker votes.
In night meetings, if there are more than 1 trackers, they share a meeting.
If a Tracker chooses to track player1 at night, a report will be shown to him on the next day
You followed (player1) throughout the night. (player1) visited (player2), (player3).
You followed (player1) throughout the night. (player1) visited no one.
Playing As the Tracker
- Trackers are very important investigative roles and play similar to the Cop. When possible, the Tracker should claim out loud so he could be cleared and lead the village. In games with protective roles (such as Bodyguard, Doctor and Watcher), the Tracker should claim so he could be protected from mafia kills. Be wary of claiming out loud in setups with a Driver or a Hooker because these roles can kill the Tracker even if he is protected.
- In setups where all mafia members must vote for a kill to go through (2 or fewer mafia), a no visit on a player clears him of being mafia. In setups with whispers, you should contact this player and inform him that he is cleared so he could help you like by him claiming Tracker out loud for you to sacrifice himself for you,
- It is best to keep all information secret. Only tell role and report information to people who need to know (other power roles) so the mafia are always a few steps behind.
- When cleared in a setup with whispers, be sure to ask for everyone to whisper their claim to you. This way, you can keep power roles secret while still looking for counterclaims, managing night visits. etc., increasing your chances of winning. Use whispers to your advantage by keeping the mafia in the dark!
- If you found a town-sided power role with one of your reports, do not out what role you caught or who it was. Just mention to the town that you tracked a power role.
- Reaction testing is a very beneficial technique to use as Tracker. Before you out your real report, fake a guilty report on a player you are suspicious of. Notice how he reacts, how fast the votes go up and how others react to your guilty report to gain more information to use in scumhunting. Just make sure to unvote before he is lynched!
- It is sometimes useful when being hooked or driven to state that you received a result on yourself to hide that you are the tracker. As in, claim to the village that the Tracker whispered you that you were clear. This may confuse the mafia as to who the real Tracker is, freeing you from being hooked in the future while still enabling you to collect claims and lead the village.
Basic Tracker Mechanics and Tips by Tonkster
- If you are tracker and someone else claims tracker as well, you immediately know they are mafia. This means there is no point in tracking them. Do not waste a night tracking the person who CCs you. (Ignore this rule for games with fools in them)
- Never EVER track the same person two nights in a row. (Unless there is a disguiser in the game but that is for later… for this entries sake of basics, just don’t do it)
- Watcher does NOT visit. If you track someone and see them visiting and they claim watcher, they are FAKE and are most likely Mafia.
- When you track someone visiting someone other than the person that has died do not use the report. They are more than likely a power role (BG, Drunk etc)
- If you track someone who has also been drunked, your report will show a NO VISIT. This person could be mafia! Do not assume they are clear or town!
- If you track someone visiting no one and they claim BG and claim to have saved someone, they are fake. You would have seen them visit.
- If you track someone visiting more than one person, this means they are one of the following Mafia roles ONLY. Stalker, Hooker, Yakuza, Driver, Interceptor, Witch, Lawyer, Framer. No town roles visit more than one person. Now, if you see a mafia visiting more than one person and it is a Stalker or Hooker or Framer then the person that died is the kill and the SECOND PERSON is 100% town. These three roles cannot visit a fellow mafia. That means this person is 100% guaranteed town. If it is the setup with the Lawyer, then you find a SECOND mafia. As Lawyer can only vote a fellow Mafia.
- If you track a Yakuza and one name on your report is dead, then the second person has been YAKKED. Therefore they are now mafia! SO KILL KILL KILL!
- When there are more than THREE, mafia and you track someone not visiting. They could be mafia voting no one in the night. Therefore do not assume these people are clear.
- If there is a BG save / death and you have someone visiting, it could be mafia and who they tried to kill. The person they tried to kill is now clear. Mafia cannot kill other Mafia.
- If you track BG and there is a save. You now have another 100% clear for the above reason.
- If you track someone and the name is different to the person you picked the night before (ie a dead guy) you have found the Disguiser. KILL KILL KILL!