|Night Visiting Role|
- A Silencer does not participate in the night meeting of mafia, and thus cannot kill during the night.
- Mafia does not have the silencer in their kill lists and cannot kill them.
- A Silencer cannot silence himself.
- A Silencer can however silence his fellow mafia.
Playing as Silencer
- Not silencing is often a good strategy when there are Trackers or Watchers.
- Claiming silenced when silencing no one might distract the town and prevent them from pointing their FoS on you.
- Silencing the same person two nights in a row will cause many players to place their FoS on them.
- When there's no Watcher, silencing the same person night after night can be fun.
- Mafia: When there is a Silencer in the game, the person who you can't shoot at night is the Silencer.
- If you can successfully discover a ventriloquist or a spy, you can not silence and have them fake it, letting them use their roles without suspicion.
- Townies often flash votes to prove that they are silenced and/or communicate in a rudimentary way while they are (i.e. "if you're cop with guilty, flash me".)
- Since you do not share a night meeting with the rest of the mafia, you run the risk of silencing a mafia partner. It is a good idea for one mafia member to contact the silencer via whisper to tell him who not to silence.
- In sandbox, even if there is a watcher or tracker, claiming doctor will usually make them hesitate to lynch you.