|Night Visiting Role|
... Changes mafias to traitors
... Changes village sided killers to villagers.
... Changes third party to survivors.
- At night the priest will learn which roles visited him. Any visiting werewolves will die instantly. The priest also has a 50% chance of converting any visiting roles upon death.
Playing as Priest
- A priest usually does one of either two things: Claims a power role out loud or in a leaked whisper to try and attract mafia kill, similar to bomb; or claims priest and gets town power roles to visit so he can confirm their identities. In a setup with priest and cop for example, the priest can ask the cop to visit them, then the next day can ask for the person who visited them to whisper them, thus clearing the cop. This is particularly useful in closed setups. As well as this, the priest can also make a good leader, in a similar way to a bomb, as mafia generally don't want to kill them and risk getting converted to a traitor.
- If playing in a setup with cops of multiple sanities, it is often useful to claim priest and get one of the sanities to visit you, therefore you can let them know which sanity they are.
- If you are visited by a mafia that doesn't kill you, eg. thief, framer's frame, scout's scout etc, one tactic is to claim watcher who self watched and try and convince the person who visited you to whisper you their role, therefore telling you who that mafia is. Even if this doesn't work, it will hopefully attract the mafia kill, thus converting them to traitors.
Playing against Priest
- Obviously if you're mafia/killer, you cannot directly kill the priest without risking losing your powers, however if you have an extra kill power among your mafia such as interceptor, you can try to safely kill the priest, although if the priest doesn't die he'll be able to confirm that that role has visited him, so it's not without risks.
- If you're a witch and the priest has claimed and asked for power roles to visit them to confirm identities, curse the priest. The priest visits himself in the night when visited, and will die.
- Boris created the Priest role.
At confessional tonight, a (role) had visited you to confess their sins.