|Night Visiting Role|
Investigates one person at night, but will always receive a report that the target is sided with the mafia.
Playing As Paranoid Cop
- The three "Special" cops usually goes along with the regular cop. Usually, the best option is just do a cop mass-claim, and see who's naive/paranoid/regular. If there's an Insane cop, it's gonna take a little longer to figure out.
- When in a game with special cops, THINK. Don't hurry lynching someone because you found out he's mafia. You could be insane or paranoid.
- A Snoop can find Paranoid, Insane, and Naive Cops. It appears as a suit. If You have a snoop, get them to check you to find if you are a Special cop or not.
- In games with 2+ cops, regular and naive/paranoid included, and whispers, it may be advisable to switch reports via whispers. As the mafia will be able to deduce which cop is legitimate faster than the town, this will draw the mafia towards the naive/paranoid cops, and away from the regular cop. This strategy has no effect upon insane cops, however, and will not always work.
- If you feel confident about your sanity and there is a witch and/or interceptor around, not checking anyone during the night is a good option as it could prevent an extra town death.
- As of 30 August 2011, Paranoid cops can detect Aliens.
In night meetings, the Cop votes.
In night meetings, if there is more than 1 cop, they do share a meeting.
If a Cop chooses "player1" to investigate at night, one of the following reports will be shown to him on the next day.
After investigations, you suspect that (player1) is sided with the village.
After investigations, you suspect that (player1) is sided with the mafia.
When investigating a third-party role, the Cop will get a report showing that the player is sided with the village, except in the following cases:
After investigations, you suspect that (player1) is sided with the werewolves.
When a sane cop investigates a werewolf, and
After investigations, you suspect that (player1) is sided with the aliens.
When a paranoid cop investigates an alien.