|Night Visiting Role|
- The oracle reveals if killed. They can be killed at night (mafia, vigilante, killer) or by day (lynching, hunter, getting shot), and the reveal will still occur. If they are saved by the doctor (or bodyguard), the reveal will not occur, as the oracle did not die. If the oracle is janned, the reveal still occurs, so everyone will know that the oracle was janned.
- Revealed players are often referred to as "naked."
- A living revealed player usually reflects the role of the previous night, with the exception of masoned targets. The reveals are NOT real-time meaning, if the role changes after that point, it is NOT updated.
- Cop sanity IS revealed.
- Oracle can oracle the jailed.
- Oracle can reveal janned.
- If an Oracle picks a Disguiser target and dies the same night: the "guised" is shown as original role.
- If an Oracle picks a Disguiser that is "guising" and the Oracle dies in the same night (from Vigilante, Killer, or Witch): the disguiser that is shown dead upon disguising will appear as Disguiser instead of the guised's role icon. This is consistent with how the investigative reports work; checking a Disguiser will return guilty, tracking a Disguiser will reveal the disguised person, watching the Disguiser will appear that nobody visited, etc.
- If an Oracle picks an already disguised person, the disguiser's name in the graveyard will have a disguiser icon replacing the guised's icon. This is also consistent with reports when checking an already disguised person. The disguiser's name will return in the reports.
- When Oracle self-picked and guiser guises oracle, the guised role will reveal as oracle (two oracle icons, one in graveyard which is guiser and one in village meeting which is guise.
Playing as Oracle
- In several setups, Oracles may claim to be cleared since the mafia would not take the chance of being oracled and would avoid killing the oracle at all costs, similar to a Bomb claiming to be cleared. However, it is usually preferable for mafia to kill an oracle than to have the oracle claim for the revelation of a clear/mafia. Claiming also helps the mafia to narrow down potential power roles. Therefore it is generally best not to claim until lylo.
- If there is a janned role out, and somebody claims cop it might be wise to make the mafia think you're a protective role, to get yourself killed at night while you reveal the cop claim, either exposing the janitor or clearing the cop.
Playing against Oracle
- Do NOT kill the oracle if it's known who they are. It will either reveal a clear or a scum, both of which are bad for scum.
- Reveals true sanity of cops (sane/insane/naive/paranoid)
- Above report is not a bug since oracle works better than mortician and stalker (RoseOnPlayer).
- Wasn't intended, therefore it is a bug (confirmed as unintentional by **redacted** 18/2 and will be fixed)
- Bug still has not been fixed as of 1/25/11, as proved by . Expected fix in EM 3.0?
- If Oracle dies, and their target is recruited by a Yakuza that same night, the old role is revealed, not their current role.
- Intended. The Yakuza conversion doesn't happen until daytime.
- If vested by Blacksmith and shot, they don't die, but the person they chose as Oracle will still be revealed.