|Night Visiting Role|
The term mafia can also refer to the team of mafia-aligned characters as a whole, especially in a game where there are no living vanillas. This page is just about plain mafia.
- Mafia has night meeting with other roles sided with mafia (except silencer, fiddler, and thief) every night.
- They vote to choose a victim every night. That person will die in the next morning.
Playing as Mafia
- Try to put yourself in the mindset of a villager. You need to react as a villager reacts in order to get past the scrutiny of savvy villagers. It's tricky, but don't overdo it and don't underdo it.
- Be consistent: try to play the same way as you play if you're town, even if you're generally scummy
- You may want to prepare a fakeclaim in advance. It's usually best to fakeclaim as a reporting role such as cop, tracker, or watcher, so that the town has trouble figuring out which reports are real, your fake reports or the real ones. It's also good to fakeclaim as roles that the mafia has trouble killing effectively, such as granny, bomb, bulletproof, or oracle, although these roles tend to stay hidden until later in the game. Avoid fakeclaiming as protective roles such as doctor and bodyguard (for more on that topic, read this). It's best to inform your mafia partners of any special fakeclaim at night before you execute it during the day.
- Be extremely careful about referencing your mafia partners in ANY context. If an observant villager notices a link between two of you after one is revealed to be mafia, the village may be quick to lynch the other.
- In games with a watcher, tracker, granny, bomb, or bodyguard, it may be important to decide who actually makes the kill. The first person to vote at the mafia meeting will be the one detected by watchers watching the victim.
- ADVANCED STRATEGY: See bus.