|Night Visiting Role|
The killer, often called the serial killer, or SK, is a role that is aligned with neither the mafia or the town; rather, they win by themselves, though it is possible to joint win with other people. The role is generally used in setups to balance out a lower number of mafia.
A Killer is forced to target one person every night for a kill. He does not gather and converse with other killers, and his kill is similar to that of the Mafia. Victory is declared for the Killer if he is one of two remaining (last one standing).
Playing as Killer
- If investigated by a Cop, the Killer will appear innocent.
- The Killer has to visit someone at night and kill them. That makes it important to hit any Trackers and Watchers.
- Always be looking for the other mafia members or third party players in the game. Sometimes a Killer's only recourse is to look for joint win opportunities.
- Killer shot goes through even if the killer is shot, whether by Vigilante, another Killer, or the mafia.
- Killers are generally recognized as one of the hardest roles to win with. Besides running a risk of being killed by the mafia or another shooter every night, or being detected by the investigative roles of the town, the Killer must also carefully maintain the balance between the town's power and that of the mafia.
- A Killer's greatest fear is a situation of Prisoner's Dilemma, under which game theory dictates that the two anti-town murderers must attack each other, although players are generally not rational and have some means to communicate with each other.
- A Killer may joint win with another killer: during the day, if both killers vote to lynch the last remaining non-killer, they will win a joint victory.
- Killing the Priest triggers a 50% chance that Killer will be converted to a Survivor. There is little reason to not kill the Priest if presented with the option, as it is far easier to win as Survivor than as Killer. Worst case scenario is that the priest dies and the town loses a clear, as the mafia will not voluntarily kill a Priest.