(Redirected from Jailer Strategy)
Playing as the Jailer
- When there's only 1 Mafia left and everyone votes "no one", try guessing who's the mafia and jail him. If no one was killed that night, he's either Mafia, the Mafia's target, or the Mafia is framing him.
- When you are jailing someone, always try to pull a claim out of them. This can be useful as it is a non-overhearing system, unlike whispers.
- If you have no idea who to jail, jail someone to protect them.
- Multiple Jailers have the added benefit of being able to see one another during a Jailer meeting. Use this fact to your advantage if there is more than one Jailer in the setup. Jailer #'s are assigned in order of a user's join date (the same ordering as the voting list during a day meeting).
- Don't expose yourself by your way of writing. It is advised not to talk like your usual self, and a common strategy is to talk in all caps.
- Use a passcode for early jailed users to verify future jailees. Suggestion: use a different passcode each night (e.g. tell person 1 "phrase1", tomorrow's jailed will use the passcode "phrase2").
- Advanced strategy: if you have three suspects, and one's a Killer, convince them that you're going to jail one person, and jail someone else. Chances are, the Killer will hit the person you said you'd jail (Killer cannot no-kill), exposing themselves. This can blow up in your face if the Killer kills you, as both the truly jailed and the Killer will claim being jailed.
Playing against the Jailer
- Scum can use the order in which "jailer-1" appears in the jail meeting to help determine who is jailer, as the list will be ordered identically to the player list, except jailer's name gets hidden.
- Don't overreact to being jailed. The jailer is less likely to kill you if you calmly claim.