|Night Visiting Role|
- Shoots one person when killed
- A hunter will be able to shoot even in situations where the mafia appear to already outnumber the town. For example, if a villager, hunter and Mafia remain and the hunter is lynched, he will still have the opportunity to shoot. If he chooses to shoot the last remaining mafia, the town will win!
- A hunter shot can't pierce a bulletproof vest.
- A protective roles night action can not save someone from a hunter shot.
- A hunter shot happens before he is lynched.
Playing as the Hunter
- Hunter shots, like Vigilante shots, are more accurate in the late game, when the field of suspects has been narrowed down and there has been a lot of interaction from every player. Try to stay alive until the late game, pay attention to everything that has been said, and think before you shoot.
- If you haven't claimed, try to blend in. It's to your advantage to be lynched rather than killed at night, so much like a Granny or Bomb you want to keep the Mafia guessing as to who you are.
- If you have claimed and the game is low on power roles, you may want to request Doctor or Bodyguard protection. The mafia would rather kill you than lynch you.
- Hunter strategy is utilized in games with Yakuzas. In order to prove a Hunter was not converted, the Hunter has to lynch himself and shoot whoever he likes. It can also be handy in a lylo situation with 3 players, but not one with 5 or 7 players.
- If a Mafia claims to be a Hunter, you should always immediately counter claim. This way, you guarantee the mafia will be killed, either due to the town lynching or due to your hunter shot if you are lynched.
- If there is a Fool in the game, it may be best to try not to get lynched until the fool is dead, as trying to get lynched will make the town think you are fool. Alternatively, however, acting foolish may convince the mafia that you are fool, thus meaning that they are likely to keep you alive to try for a fool joint and possibly kill the real fool in the process.
Playing against the Hunter
- Never cc the hunter. ccing a hunter will result in your death regardless of who gets lynched.