|Night Visiting Role|
- Survives a lynching if there's a majority vote.
- Is lynched by a non-zero minority vote.
- Can even be lynched with a single vote (commonly known as a "pop").
- Cannot survive a night kill.
- Note that a tie vote, while not enough to lynch other roles, is not able to lynch the Gallis either. For example, with 8 players, 4 votes for the Gallis and 4 votes for another player, the result is no lynch. In that situation there would need to be 1-3 votes for the Gallis to be lynched.
Playing as Gallis
- A common joke strategy is to vote yourself, or try to vote the Gallis out. It's amusing.
- If you know for sure that you are the Gallis, claim and offer to be lynched. You will survive being majority lynched and therefore prove your clear. It will be unlikely that you get counter-claimed because in order to validate this your counter-claim will have to be lynched and unlike you, will not survive the majority vote. Just make sure that you get to hammer every day after this because the Mafia will know exactly who to pop.
- Better yet, if the Vigilante or Jailer is still alive, have yourself voted every day afterwards and instruct the Vigil or Jailers on who to kill.
- If you think that you might be the Gallis, don't overreact to a vote on you. Mafia will often random vote someone if they have been confirmed mafia.
Playing against Gallis
- A common strategy is to vote a random person you believe to be Gallis after a Leader or Lightkeeper has died (i.e. with anonymous voting).
- When found to be Mafia in a game with a Gallis, it's wise to at least take one random vote to try and kill the Gallis, assuming he isn't dead already. This is known as Gallis popping.
When a Gallis dies because a vote is on him: (the normal death message "(player1), the gallis, has died a bloody death." is also shown)
(player1) feels immensely frustrated!
The Gallis's short description does not explain his role adequately.
This is not a bug since the Gallis role is meant to be an easter egg, as explained on the wiki page
Gallis cannot be thieved: http://www.epicmafia.com/game/264228
Gallis was gunned and thief picked gallis, gun still went through.