|Night Visiting Role|
- Once per night can select a person.
- That person won't be able to hear what anyone in the town says.
- Fiddler does not participate in the normal mafia night meeting.
- In night meetings, if there is more than 1 fiddler, they do not share a meeting.
Playing as Fiddler
- Try to find out who the silencer is. This will be easiest in a setup with spy. Once you do, collaborate with the silencer to make a power role 'deaf-mute', which will not allow them to hear or speak.
- If you're going to fake-claim fiddled yourself, be very careful not to be influenced by anything you hear that day, either on that day or any days after that.
- Fiddling mafia n1 isn't such a disaster, so as a general rule better to random fiddle than to no-fiddle n1
- After n1 if you don't have a silencer, fiddling power roles can be useful to put them off, however fiddling non-power roles can also be useful as it pretty much makes them a sheep for that whole day. This is particularly useful in lylo where the mafia need to convince only 1 town to vote with them to gain the majority vote.
- If you're a killing mafia-role playing with fiddler, or any other non-visiting role such as thief, sniper or silencer, check your kill list at night to work out who the other mafia is/are (all mafia including those not in the meeting won't be on the list). Obviously this tactic doesn't work if playing with mastermind
Playing against Fiddler
- Make sure everyone knows if you get fiddled so they don't suspect you for any suspicious behaviour and don't ask you any questions.
- If you're a power role with something useful to tell town and you're fiddled, remember you can still talk and tell them what you know. However there reaction will obviously be unknown to you, so take care and don't claim if it leads to many questions being asked.
- If fiddled and you're desperate to find something out, such as if someone has cc'd you, you can ask a yes/no question and ask someone to flash your name if the answer is yes. This tactic is regarded as some as underhand, in the same way as some regard guise tests as bad, but it's up to you to decide your own opinion on it.