|Night Visiting Role|
- The detective has the ability to investigate one person each night to discover their role.
- In night meetings, the Detective chooses.
- In night meetings, if there are more than 1 Detective, they do not share a meeting.
Playing as the Detective
- An Actress will show up on reports as whatever role she is currently acting as. By the same token, a suited person will show up as whatever role the suit is. This can make Detective reports in a game with an Actress and/or Tailor unreliable.
- Like all investigative roles except Watcher, Detective is vulnerable to Hooker/Drunk and any effects caused by a night visit (such as death by Granny). You must be careful about when to reveal yourself, and when to visit.
- Unlike the Cop, Detective reports show roles, not allegiances, so the effects of roles such as Miller or Godfather are null.
- It's best to keep town roles a secret, unless you are going to die. Otherwise, power roles will be more vulnerable to the mafia.
Playing Against the Detective
If the player chooses "player1" the following report will be shown to the player the next day:
Through your detective work, you learned that (player1) is a (role)!
- Detective sees the real role of a player that has been suited.