(Redirected from Cult)
|Night Visiting Role|
- May convert any player to become part of the cult.
- Immune to the consequences of visiting the Cthulhu.
Playing as Cultist
- Cult converts after the Mason does. This can be used to your advantage towards the end of the game.
- Protect the leader. It's important that the leader of the cult has a good claim so he can survive. Other cultists are expendable as they can still win when they're dead.
- If you cult a mafia, make sure you inform them or convert the rest after that, otherwise the remaining mafias might fire at your recruits.
- Watch out for the masons. Make sure they are eliminated as soon as possible before they become a threat.
- Shrinks have the ability to stop a Cultist from recruiting, be aware of their presence in games.
- Appears as villager sided to sane cops
- While not a joint win per se, cultist can work with the mafia in the special circumstance where the sum of cultists and mafia is equal to the number of villagers in the day. To do this, have the mafia NK every night while the cultists cult the maf. Be very careful when doing this and try not to have the cult leader out himself.
- When the Cultist was introduced, Masons were able to convert any Cultist to a Mason. Because Cultists can convert Masons to become Cultists, this became problematic in games where both roles were present. To solve this issue, Masons were given the power to kill any Cultists they visit.
- As a counter-balance, when a Cultist and a Mason attempt to convert the same person, the Cultist always wins.
- Not sure if this is a bug, but if any of the original Cultists die, all of them do. For instance, if there are two originals and five recruits, and one original dies, six other Cultists die. In my mind would be better if the recruits only died if all the original Cultists die.
- One of the starting cultists is randomly assigned as cult leader without the game notifying you.
...which is a bug since when there are multiple n1 cultists, all of them are cult leaders.
- Need confirmation on if it is intended or not.
- If Cult cults a veg and it is to be LYLO with that veg taken into account, like with three people and one cultist, cult will win because the veg is apparently still treated as alive.
- If the CL becomes yakked or mimed, he is still the cult leader. However, the cultists are allowed to recruit new cult members without him. If the yakked/mimed CL dies, the cults die. http://www.epicmafia.com/game/1527746