This article is about the role. For the item, see Bomb (item).
|Night Visiting Role|
- A Bomb has no extra daytime abilities, but if he is targeted with a kill at night, he will cause his attacker to die with him (including: the Vigilante, the first-voting member of the Mafia, or a Killer). If he is targeted by different parties, one member from each party will die. If shot during the day, the shooter will also die.
Playing as the Bomb
- A Bomb usually never claims his true role, so that he may be killed. It is somewhat understood in games with Bombs that the Bomb may fake-claim.
- However, counter-claiming is not always the best option.
- There are instances, however, where it would be helpful for the Bomb to claim. When the Town has lost their clear, the Bomb can make a surprisingly effective leader. Granted, the Mafia will know who the Bomb is, but the Town can also rest easy knowing that they will have a cleared villager alive during the next day cycle. This strategy is much more effective when exercised in games with whispers, because the Bomb can collect claims from the other users, knowing he'll still be around during the next day cycle. However, Bomb's power does not diminish in a whisper-less game.
- As well, a Bomb may whisper-leak someone who is clear that they are another highly targeted role (such as a Vigilante or Doctor).
Playing against the Bomb
- It is generally unproductive to try to kill the Bomb at night. So, in general, you should try to get the Bomb lynched or killed during the day when possible.
- If there is a Doctor or Bodyguard in the game (or any role that can prevent a player from dying at night), try to get that player to protect you at night while you kill the Bomb. It is possible to kill the Bomb while being protected from the Bomb's explosion by the Doctor, Bodyguard, etc.
- A ninja is able to kill a Bomb without dying if it votes first in the mafia meeting.