|Night Visiting Role|
Autocrat is essentially a variant of the Mastermind who has to work with the town instead of the mafia.
No special abilities.
When an Autocrat is present in the game, the following system message is displayed to the town at the beginning of the day:
There might be an autocrat among you...
Strategies and Tactics
Playing as Autocrat
- Playing as the Autocrat is difficult, as your win objective is reliant only upon yourself. You can not joint with the mafia, as you win with the town, and can not joint with the town as you prevent the town from winning.
- Your presence in the game will be automatically announced on the first day, so be mindful of a what you are going to claim.
- While you ultimately want the town to win, you shouldn't go out of your way to be extremely pro-town, as the Mafia may accidentally kill you at night.
- Try and save any guns given to you for end game moments when there is only one scum role left, giving yourself an easy win.
- Autocrats, like Mastermind, can be masoned, so keep this in mind if you are outted as an Autocrat.
Playing against Autocrat
- It may seem silly to note, but the Autocrat message means the Autocrat is ALIVE. The "May" part of the message doesn't mean anything. It really means "There IS an autocrat among you".
- For the town, Autocrats are a town-sided Mastermind. They will prevent the town from winning under their normal circumstances, so the lynching of an Autocrat should always be a top priority once one or two scum have been eliminated.
- In a lylo situation with Autocrat alive, it is autolose for town as long as mafia does not kill autocrat. Avoid this at all costs.
- For the mafia, while you can not joint with an Autocrat, leaving Autocrats alive is extremely helpful as the town can not lynch or otherwise kill the entire mafia with an Autocrat remaining.