|Night Visiting Role|
- The Anarchist can choose to give a bomb to one person at night. The bomb will explode at a random time during the day.
- The person holding it will die. Will win if the second to last standing or if they're able to kill three people.
Playing as Anarchist
- As an Anarchist, you will have two ways to win. Keep your alternative win condition of being the second to last person standing in mind, as you can joint with the Mafia if the conditions are there.
- Bomb timers are random, some can last for nearly a full day while others explode moments after the day starts. Be mindful of this if you happen to come into possession of your own bomb and make sure you pass it away ASAP.
- Because bombs will be passed around through-out the day, there is little strategy that can be done with who you give bombs too. Try giving bombs to players who seem to be less active/lurking during the day, as they may not have enough time to respond to pass the bomb, resulting in an easy kill.
- Anarchists do not visit to deliver their bombs. Trackers and Scouts will see you as visiting No One. Watchers, Lookouts and Priests will not see who you visited. You can also deliver bombs to Grannies safely. Because an Anarchist does not show up as a visiting role, if asked to claim it's suggested you claim a non-visiting role.
- Be mindful of the roles in the game. Grannies, Treestumps, and Werewolves who've eaten can survive a bomb explosion. Bulletproofs or players who receive Blacksmith vests can also survive the explosion. If a Bomb is killed by an explosion, you will also die along with them. In games with these roles, it is best to avoid giving out bomb, or give them out sparingly.
- You can start out holding your own bomb at the beginning of the day. You can use this strategy as a kind of WIFOM, as players assume the original holder of the bomb is not the Anarchist.
- If your original target holding the bomb dies at night, it will not count as a kill for your win objective. As such, try and pick roles who will likely not be targeted by the mafia at night to deliver your first bomb. Or hold onto it yourself and pass it at the start of the day.
- Your bomb will still be delivered even if you're killed. This means you CAN still win the game, even if you are killed at night. If you have already gained two kills in pervious days, and your bomb explodes while you are dead, the game will still end and you will be declared the winner. In situations like this, it may even be ideal to try and get yourself killed on the night you deliver your third bomb. While there is a chance if you're alive that your bomb may be passed back to you and explode, thereby revealing, if you are dead this will not be an issue. As long as there are no roles to stop the explosion, you will win.
- After your first two bomb explosions, you will become the main target of both the town and mafia. In this situation, it is absolutely important that you survive. Claiming a power role with a fake guilty may help throw some suspicion off you, but it could easily backfire as well.
- ADVANCED STRATEGY: In certain situations (such as games with multiple Anarchists or a four way MYLO with two towns and one mafia), it could be beneficial to let your own bomb explode to "clear" you. You can then safely force a NL or team up with the Mafia/Anarchists to lynch a member of the town. This strategy is to be used with caution, as a greedy player could join with the town to lynch you.
Playing against Anarchist
- The Anarchist is a role that is feared by both the Mafia and the Town. While it is possible for the Mafia and Anarchist to joint, it is most ideal to both Mafia and Town that the Anarchist is lynched or killed.
- As a member of the Mafia, if you discover an Anarchist, even though they are third party, it is beneficial to kill them. In games without roles that can survive bomb explosions, Anarchists can rack up kills very quickly. The bombs can also easily kill off members of the Mafia as well, diminishing your own numbers.
- After it's second kill, the Anarchist should become the town's main priority. If you happen to have been revealed as a member of the mafia, make this known that you are not as big of a threat as the Anarchist. This could buy you another round to plot and possibly make a comeback next round.
- If you happen to have received a vest as a Mafia, it may be smart to take the bomb and hold it. Unless there is a Vigilante or a Killer, this move could help legitimize a Bulletproof claim, or at the very least make you seem more pro-town.
- However, in games where roles exist that can survive bomb blasts, an Anarchist can be a surprising asset. A Granny may claim upfront to take the bomb, thereby allowing you to avoid hitting her yourself. In situations like this, it is best to keep the Anarchist alive if you are aware of who they are.
- As a town member against the Anarchist, it is imperative that players are aware if their role can survive an explosion or not. If there is a cleared Granny or Treestump, all members in the town should immediately pass their bombs to that player, as they will not die from the explosion. Passing to a Bomb is also an ideal strategy, as when the Bomb carrying a bomb explodes, the Anarchist will also die. Finally, if you have a Blacksmith vest or are a Bulletproof, your vest will protect you from the explosion. It will however count as a hit, and you will lose your protection.
- After it's second kill, the Anarchist MUST become the town's #1 target, as if they are not lynched, there is a high chance they will win the next day. In a situation like this, even guilty and confirmed Mafia members would have to be put on the back burner.
- Targets who are shot while holding a bomb will die with the bomb and it will NOT count as a kill for the Anarchist. Keep this in mind with games with Gunsmiths.
Unusual Game Mechanics
It is possible for the Anarchist to joint with the town, provided there is a Bomb in the game. If the Anarchist has already clocked two kills and is the only remaining anti-town player (by that, the only thing stopping the game from ending), then if the Anarchist's bomb is passed to the person with the role of Bomb, the Anarchist's bomb will kill the Bomb, which will then in turn kill the Anarchist. Both win conditions are fulfilled at the same time, so both parties win. (http://www.epicmafia.com/game/810693)
During the day, when a player passes a bomb, the following message is delivered to the town chat:
(player1) passes the bomb to (player2)
When an Anarchist's bomb explodes, the following message is delivered to the town chat:
There was a huge explosion!
This does not appear when the Anarchist's own bomb explodes while they're holding it.