|Night Visiting Role|
The alien has the ability to probe a different person each night. The alien wins if they successfully probe all living players.
- As per your win condition, your ultimate aim is to probe players who are unlikely to be nightkilled by mafia, and make sure town doesn't lynch them either - so all the players you probe will make up the living at the end of the game.
- Don't probe high profile players or protown players near the start of the game. Mafia just tends to kill them at night.
- If there are protective roles living, it's a good idea to probe town PRs/clears who will be protected, as mafia will avoid killing these targets until they eliminate the protection, and they won't be lynched. If there are no protective roles however, obviously avoid probing these roles as they will just be killed.
- If you can figure out who the fool is if there is one, it's a good idea to probe him. He won't be lynched, and mafia usually leaves him alive in hopes of a joint. Disregard this if there's a Vig, though.
- ALTERNATIVELY, you can try to joint with fool by probing everybody else and helping him lynch himself near the endgame.
- If Bomb or Oracle outs and isn't cc'd, he's one of the best probes in the game. Mafia aren't likely to kill these roles, and they'll often be alive until the end. You could say the same about Granny, but don't probe her for obvious reasons. CC'ing Granny to get her lynched, or somehow convincing a Doctor to cover you are the only ways to get around Granny's un-probeability!
- If you're ever forced to fakeclaim a role, and mingling with the Blues doesn't look positive (Town may be willing to 'safe lynch'), BG or Doc also tend to work well. Players often aren't willing to lynch these roles until late game, and you can use your probe visit to convince any trackers or watchers who may be looking into your legitimacy.
- Near the end of the game, if you're approaching a mylo or lylo situation with a high maf ratio, probe players who you deem 'scummy'. If these players aren't mafia themselves, mafia will often leave them alive in order to push an easy lynch on them. In other words, they won't be killed at night!
- With luck, you'll only have one or two unprobed players living, and you can help force a lynch them. Often this means you should be prepared to joint-win with whatever side also wishes to have your unprobed player lynched.
- The alien was the first role to be completely removed from the game, then later readded.